Do not deliberately inhale helium. This could result in DEATH by asphyxiation or damage to your lungs
General Terms for Helium Hire Cylinders
- By placing an order you agree to read & follow the advice given on the Safety Advice & Operational Instructions information that is provided. You need to ensure that this is made available & followed by all who will use the cylinder.
- Orders for our hire cylinders include rental for 28 days / 4 weeks. There is no reduction in price or refund for cylinders & inflators returned early or partially full within this 28 day period.
- You must return the same serial numbered cylinder you took out with us.The serial number is imprinted on the cylinder and the neck collar. If the collar is damaged or tampered with and no longer matches the cylinder rental will continue to be charged and a charge of £40 + VAT will be addedto repair damage and cover costs of readministration.
- If you would like to return a cylinder full this must be done within 7 working daysof the collection date with the seal intact you will be entitled to a 50% refund on the cylinder cost (minus any delivery charges) once this has been verified with the depot / collection driver, you must inform us you wish to do this before the return / collection takes place or no refund will be given. We cannot unfortunately refund any amount for any cylinders returned full after the initial 7 working days.
- If you wish to keep your helium cylinder & inflator for longer than 28 days, we offer a hire extension rental fee charged at £7.46 plus Vat (£8.95) per cylinder & inflator per week (rental customers will be charged at their agreed rate).
- One blue filling kit will be supplied per cylinder if required for your initial order. Filling kits are supplied on a rental basis & must be returned with the cylinder when it's collected / returned. Failure to return will incur rental & replacement costs. Please ensure you check that the inflator is in perfect condition before you accept it as any inflators which are returned damaged will incur a replacement fee. We cannot offer filling kits with regular supplies, and suggest the outright purchase or rental from date of order.
- Cylinders & inflators which are lost, damaged or un-returned will incur the following replacement fees: XSmall BOC Cylinder: £105 plus Vat, Medium Cylinder: £160 plus Vat, Jumbo Cylinder: £250 plus Vat, Genie G10 cylinder £200 + VAT and Genie G20 £290 + VAT. Xsmall Air Products cylinders £251 + VAT, Small, Large and Extra Large cylinders will incur costs of £372 + VAT. Latex Inflator: £26 plus Vat & Universal Inflator: £30 plus Vat.
- Any additional charges you incur after your order is placed including hire extension charges, damaged, lost or non returned cylinders & inflators, failed deliveries & recollections will be charged at the amounts detailed in our terms. By placing an order you agree to the charges detailed in this and authorise Bonza Balloons to take your payment automatically via the repeat payment authority procedure from the credit / debit card you used at the time of order for any further charges outstanding. If we do not take a repeat payment via this method you agree to pay issued invoices within 7 working days. . We are a member of Experian, and if required by placing an order you agree for your details to be used to implement a credit search in occurrences of non payment or no communication.
- The number of balloons your helium cylinder inflates is given as an approximate guide only & depends on the balloon size and quality, conditions, inflation method, allowance for wastage, leakage & over inflation.
- Do not accept your cylinder unless it has a seal on it. If you believe your cylinder to be faulty, you must contact us within 7 days from the date you collected it or accepted delivery otherwise we are unable to investigate with our supplier. Do not return your cylinder before contacting us regarding any possible fault otherwise no compensation can be offered. It will then be sent for testing.
- We are unable to offer compensation for any consequential loss.
Customers who are having Hire Cylinders Delivered
- We offer deliveries to mainland UK business addresses Monday to Friday, except Bank Holidays. We can not accept responsibility for failed deliveries to residential addresses & no refund will be given. You must ensure there is someone at the address to accept delivery & collection of the cylinder on the dates agreed. Charges will be made for repeat visits to deliver/collect at £18.80 +Vat.
- Deliveries & collections can take place any time throughout the working day & whilst we can request a time slot we cannot guarantee this. If we are unable to deliver on your chosen day, we will offer an alternative date.
- We advise you to request delivery of your cylinder at least 23 days before your event date & that on delivery you check & test the cylinder before use. Please ensure there is a blue/white seal on the cylinder before you accept it. If your cylinder is not delivered on your chosen day by 5pm, please contact us as soon as possible so we can follow this up with the driver.
- If at the end of your hire you need to change the date that your collection is scheduled, please advise us at least 23 days in advance. If this new collection date is within your 28 day hire period, no extra charges will apply. However if a driver attends the address on the date agreed & is unable to collect, there is a recollection charge of £18.80 plus Vat for each visit.
- Once helium cylinders and inflators have been delivered they become your responsibility. Any losses or damages to helium cylinders or inflators will be charged at the above costs to replace. If you choose to move the helium cylinder and inflator to a different location it is your responsibility to ensure they are moved safely and are back at the place and position where they were delivered by our helium driver for collection. Any alterations to this will incur charges. It must be the same cylinder we delivered.
- When your cylinder & inflator are collected, please ensure that the driver provides you with a 'Goods Returns Supply Advice Receipt' clearly stating the date & what has been returned. It is important that you keep this document as it is your proof of return, otherwise you may be charged for a lost cylinder & inflator if you are unable to prove they have both been collected.
Customers who are Collecting Hire Cylinders from their local Depot
- Depots are open for collections Monday to Friday, except Bank Holidays. The full depot address details & opening hours are provided once an order has been confirmed. You need to collect and return the cylinder on the agreed dates on your invoice. Please notify us before the date if these need to be changed.
- We will check stock at your preferred depot upon processing your order. We can reserve cylinders a maximum of 5 days in advance of collection. For orders placed further in advance, we will check stock 5 days before your collection date. If your cylinder and or filling kit are not available from your preferred depot we will try to offer a suitable alternative and contact you to update the details.
- We advise you to collect your cylinder at least 23 days before your event date & that on collection you check & test the cylinder before use. Please ensure there is a blue seal on the cylinder before you accept it. When you collect your cylinder ensure the depot give you the blue filling kit inflator attachment if you require one.
- Please note the size & weight of the cylinder you have ordered. You agree to transport the cylinder in an appropriate vehicle, securely & safely. We cannot accept responsibility if the depot refuse to allow you to take the cylinder because you have arrived in an inappropriate vehicle or are unable to lift / transport the cylinder safely.
- You agree to return your cylinder by the date agreed within 28 days from the date you collected. If you need to keep your cylinder for longer please let us know so we can extend your hire and inform the depot. Hire extensions after the initial 28 days are charged at £7.46 plus VAT per week per cylinder & inflator. Rental Customers will be charged at the agreed rates.
- When returning your cylinder & inflator please ensure the depot provide you with a 'Goods Returns Supply Advice Receipt' which you need to keep we may ask you to provide this as proof of return so it is important that you request this. Please ensure you contact us whilst you are at the depot if they aren't able to do this or they can’t find your details on the system, otherwise you may be charged for a lost cylinder & inflator if you are unable to prove you have returned them.
Disposable Helium Terms & Conditions
General Terms for Disposable Cylinders (Disposable 30 & Disposable 50)
- By placing an order you agree to read & follow the advice given on the Safety Advice & Operational Instructions information that is provided & any instructions on the box that your cylinder will arrive in. You need to ensure that this is made available & followed by all who will use the cylinder.
- The number of balloons your helium cylinder inflates is given as an approximate guide only & depends on the balloon size, type and quality, conditions, inflation method, allowance for wastage, leakage & over inflation. Please remember latex balloons will stay inflated for approximately 8-10 hours so we recommend you inflate them just before your event. Foil balloons stay inflated for approximately 3-4 days.
- We offer deliveries by courier to most UK addresses Monday to Friday, except Bank Holidays. We can not accept responsibility for failed or delayed deliveries where incomplete or incorrect address details have been provided & no compensation can be offered.
- We advise you to order your cylinder so that it arrives at least 2-3 days before your event date & that on delivery you check & test the cylinder before use. If your cylinder has not arrived when you expect it, please contact us as soon as possible so we can follow this up with the courier company.
- We offer three delivery options: UK Mainland Delivery (Free), UK Mainland Next Working Day Delivery (£2.95) and Highlands & Islands Delivery (£9.95).
- UK Mainland Delivery will usually take 1-2 working days to arrive, however this is not a guaranteed service & no compensation can be offered if there are unforeseen delays with our third party courier.
- UK Mainland Next Working Day Delivery will arrive the next working day if your order is placed by 5pm Monday to Friday unless we contact you to inform you that this timescale is not possible. If your cylinder does not arrive (or delivery attempted) on the next working day due to unforeseen delays with our courier we will refund the £2.95 you paid for this delivery service upgrade. If because of the delay you no longer require the cylinder, you will need to refuse the delivery when it is attempted so that the cylinder is returned to us or we can arrange for our courier to collect the cylinder. The box must be returned unopened & sealed so that we can offer you a full refund including the £2.95 delivery you paid.
- Highlands & Islands Delivery includes postcodes IV, HS, KA27-28, KW, PA20-49, PA60-78, PH17-26, PH30-44, PH49-50 & ZE and usually takes between 1-3 working days. Please ensure you order your cylinder in plenty of time as this is not a guaranteed service & no compensation can be offered if there are unforeseen delays with our third party courier.
- We are not able to deliver Disposable Cylinders to the following areas: Northern Ireland (BT), Isle of Man (IM), Isles of Scilly (TR21-25) or the Channel Islands (JE & GY).
- Deliveries can take place any time throughout the working day but we are unable to request specific time slots. Our courier may require a signature at the address at the time of delivery. Any alternative delivery instructions you provide can be requested but are not guaranteed, are at your own risk & at the discretion of the delivery driver. If delivery fails, the courier will either attempt to redeliver the next working day or they will leave a card with details of where your cylinder is being held & instructions on what you need to do next to rearrange delivery or go to collect from the local delivery depot or post office.
- When you have finished using your cylinder, you need to dispose of it safely & responsibly. We do not collect empty cylinders. We recommend that you take it to your local household waste centre or business waste centre for recycling.
- All our cylinders are checked prior to dispatch to ensure they are full of helium gas. Please note no liquid can be heard in the cylinders. However, if you believe your cylinder to be faulty you must contact us within 2 days from delivery. We may ask you to send the cylinder back to us at your own expense so we can send it to our manufacturer for testing. We do not arrange collection of the cylinders in this case. Please note we are unable to investigate with our supplier or offer any compensation for claims made after this time or if you fail to follow the operational & inflation instructions provided.
- As per distance selling regulations, if you decide you no longer require your helium cylinder, it must be returned to us at your own expense with the delivery box unopened and sealed. If we believe the box has been opened, we can not accept any returns due to health & safety. We will refund the cost of the cylinder minus any delivery charge paid.
- Do not deliberately inhale helium. This could result in DEATH by asphyxiation or damage to your lungs.
- You agree to transport the cylinder in an appropriate vehicle, securely & safely. Please ensure cylinders are stored upright in well ventilated areas, at room temperature & away from direct heat. Keep cylinders away from children at all times.
- Never open the cylinder valve tap without fitting the inflator nozzle first. Once the inflator is connected, open the valve slowly.
- Never use equipment which may be damaged. Under no circumstances attempt to repair any item of equipment.
- We would recommend you wear eye protection when using a cylinder. As the cylinders are pressurised containers they must not be transported in an aircraft. Operational Instructions.
- Take your cylinder out of the box. Check that the rubber inflator nozzle is attached to the cylinder. If this is packaged loose in the box, attach it to the cylinder by screwing on in a clockwise direction.
- Turn the tap at the top of the cylinder anti-clockwise slowly to open the helium tank valve. No gas will disperse at this point.
- Place your balloon neck over the inflator nozzle making sure there is a snug fit so no helium can escape. Always point the balloon and inflator nozzle away from you.
- Hold the balloon neck firmly on the nozzle and gently press the nozzle up, down or sideways to release the helium.
- Release the pressure on the nozzle to stop inflation and remove the balloon taking care not to let any helium escape.
- When you have finished inflating balloons, close the valve by turning the tap clockwise and store the tank in the box.
- Once you have used all the helium in the tank, please take it to your local steel recycling centre following the disposal instructions on the box.