A short guide to describe how to use our helium cylinders.
Our disposable cylinders are safe and very simple to use. Please follow the following instructions for inflating balloons. Please remember latex balloons will stay inflated for 14-16 hours so we recommend you inflate them just before your event. Foil balloons stay inflated for approximately 3-4 days.
- Take your cylinder out of the box.
- Turn the tap at the top of the cylinder anti-clockwise to open the helium tank valve.
- Place your balloon neck over the filing nozzle making sure there is a snug fit so no helium can escape. Always point the balloon and inflator nozzle away from you.
- Hold the balloon neck firmly on the nozzle and gently press the nozzle up or down to release the helium.
- Release the pressure on the nozzle to stop inflation and remove the balloon, pinching the neck closed so no helium can escape.
- For latex balloons tie a knot and tie ribbon onto the neck of the balloon if required. We recommend using a balloon sizer for latex balloons to ensure you do not over-inflate your balloons.
- For foil balloons inflate until the balloon is slightly firm. Foil balloons are self-sealing so there is no need for tying. Attach a ribbon onto the neck of the balloon.
- When you have finished inflating balloons, close the valve by turning the tap clockwise and store the tank in the box.
- Once you have used all the helium in the tank, please take it to your local steel recycling centre following the disposal instructions on the box.
Our hire cylinders are safe and very simple to use. Please follow the following instructions for
inflating balloons. Please remember latex balloons will stay inflated for 14-16 hours so we recommend
you inflate them just before your event. Foil balloons stay inflated for approximately 3-4 days.
- Attach the blue filling inflator nozzle provided onto the gas outlet. It is a 'push fit' connection
so just push it on until you hear it click.
- Once the inflator is attached, open the cylinder valve by slowly turning the tap anti-clockwise.
You'll feel a slight change in pressure and a 'popping' noise – you do not need to turn the
tap any further. If you hear a loud hissing noise, the inflator may not be fitted properly so please
close the tap (turning clockwise) and fit the inflator again.
- Always point the balloon and inflator nozzle away from you.
- For latex balloons you will have a rubber 'flex tip' which you tilt upwards to release the helium,
the more you tilt the faster the helium will come out so start by releasing slowly.
- Put the latex balloon neck over the tip of the 'flex valve' inflator and tilt to inflate your
balloons. Inflate until the balloon is round (not pear-shaped) and use a balloon sizer if you want
to ensure a uniform size.
- For foil balloons and latex balloons fitted with heli-valves you will have a 'push valve' inflator.
Place the balloon valve over the tip of the inflator and push in to inflate. Inflate foil balloons
until they are slightly firm.
- When you have finished inflating balloons, close the cylinder tap valve by turning clockwise. Drain
any residual gas in the inflator by tilting the latex inflator or pushing the foil inflator tip.
- Remove the Inflator by depressing the sleeve on the quick-fit connection, while holding the inflator
- Store your cylinder upright in a safe place securely fastened so it can't fall. Keep away from